Last year I sketched out the idea for a typeface that I wanted to make into a font (the first photo here). I did it while I was on breaks at work, so it took a while to finish. I’ve kept “Make that typeface into a font already” on my To-Do list for a long, long time.
Well, yesterday was the day.
I finished up the punctuation (the second photo here) and uploaded everything to Your Fonts (love those guys), and had my very own font within a matter of minutes.
As a type geek, I can’t begin to tell you the amount of dancing that’s been done in the last 24 hours.
I’ve also uploaded that little guy to Font Squirrel, downloaded their Web Kit, tweaked the CSS on my site so the font fits, and now Quirkish is sitting happily as the headline font there for everybody to see.